Kennett’s Pioppino Mushroom and Beef Stew
Certifiably a fan favorite, our Pioppino mushroom and beef stew is a classic dish with exquisite taste. For those meat lovers out there that still want to eat healthy, this is an excellent choice indeed. Our farm-to-table fresh pioppino mushrooms add a complex flavor profile to this beef stew that will leave your taste buds in awe. For an even more exotic tasting dish feel free to try some of our other exotic mushroom varieties such as our King Oyster mushrooms, maitake mushrooms and more!
Serving Size: Roughly 4 to 6 People
Preparation Time: Less than 28 minutes
Total Time to Eating: Under 1 hour
- 1/2 pound Kennett Pioppino Mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 can (14 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, , undrained
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, Ground
- 1 Bay Leaves
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 3/4 cup instant rice
Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add 1/2 of the meat. Brown on all sides. Remove with slotted spoon. Repeat with remaining meat and the onion.
Return all meat to saucepan. Stir in beef broth, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, 1/2 cup water, oregano, garlic powder, thyme, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 1 hour or until meat is tender.
Mix cornstarch and 4 teaspoons water in small bowl. Add to saucepan along with rice. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 4 minutes or until slightly thick and rice is tender. Discard bay leaf.