Kennett’s Savory Shiitake Mushroom Mashed Potatoes Side Dish
Winner, Winner, Mushroom dinner. As far as side dishes go, our savory shiitake mushroom mashed potatoes is so good it’s been known to make main dishes jealous. But seriously if you love mash potatoes and are in the mood for a healthy and savory twist, you have come to the right place. This delicious recipe is fast if your famished and always comes out spectacular. The perfect pairing to just about any main course our savory shiitake mushroom mashed potatoes side dish is a winner.
Serving Size: 4 to 6 of your Favorite People
Preparation Time: Less than 35 minutes
Total Cooking Time: Under 1 hour
•5 each russet potatoes (peeled)
•2 Cup sliced shiitake mushrooms sautéed
•1 Cup whipping cream (hot)
•1/4 Cup roasted garlic
•A dash of salt and pepper to taste
•1 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
•1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Peel and large dice russet potatoes.
2. Hold in the water to keep from browning.
3. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
4. Add potatoes and cook until fork tender.
5. Sliced shiitake mushrooms. Sauté mushrooms in olive oil till soft then drain off excess oil.
6. Mash potatoes with a potato masher then add cream and roasted garlic and mushrooms.
7. Blend well and season with a salt and pepper for taste.
8. (Optional – Place potatoes in a baking dish with shredded cheese and bake at 350 degrees F. till golden brown.