Kennett’s Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Crimini Mushroom Bites
Is it football season all ready? This is the PERFECT dish for watching the game or frankly just for lounging around your house enjoying the more delicious things in life. Our Kennett cheesy bacon stuffed Crimini mushroom bites are absolutely out of this world! If you haven’t had the pleasure of trying them yet then we highly recommend that you do so. Regardless if you are a sports fan, if you love mouth-watering snack bites than our cheesy bacon stuffed crimini mushroom bites will be an instant favorite for all who taste them.
1. Place bacon in large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, dice and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
3. Remove mushroom stems. Set aside caps. Chop the stems.
4. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Slowly cook and stir the chopped stems and onion until the onion is soft. Remove from heat.
5. In a medium bowl, stir together the mushroom stem mixture, bacon and 1/2 cup Cheddar. Mix well and scoop the mixture into the mushroom caps.
6. Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
7. Remove the mushrooms from the oven, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.