Kennett’s Roasted Mushrooms, Onions & Gouda Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Easily one of our personal favorite “snacks on the go” this delightfully simple to make sandwich is incredible. This roasted mushroom, onion & gouda grilled cheese sandwich is as delicious as it is addicting. Try our exquisite shiitake, oyster and pioppino mushrooms together with onions, gouda and assorted cheeses grilled together forming the perfect mouthful every-time. It’s quick, easy, and will always leave your full but somehow wanting more. We highly recommend this tasteful treat and best of all, it’s so easy to make!
Serving Size: 2 Amazing Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Preparation Time: Under 15 minutes
Total Cooking Time: Under 30 minutes
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced (the sweeter the better)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices bread of choice
- 1 cup gouda, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a baking sheet toss sliced mushrooms and onion in olive oil. Sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, or until roasted to preference.
- In a skillet stove top, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- While butter is melting, assemble sandwiches. On one slice of bread, layer shredded gouda, the roasted mushrooms and onions, then more gouda. (Layering this way ensures that the melty cheese will hold the sandwich together.) Salt and pepper to taste. Top with the other slice of bread. Lightly press together.
- In the melted butter place one sandwich down for one second, then gently flip it over to the other side. Repeat with other sandwich. Cook for about 2 minutes, until lightly browned, then gently flip sandwich on other side, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sandwich is browned to preference.