Kennett’s Savory Chicken with Shiitake Mushrooms
Wow, this meal is as delightfully delicious as it is fun to make! Have you tried our savory chicken with shiitake mushrooms yet? If you haven’t we are excited for your taste buds! This dish is phenomenal and adds an exotic pop to your diet all while remaining very healthy and nutritious. Give this recipe a “go” and let us know what you think.
Serving Size: Roughly 4 to 5 People
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Total Time to Eating: 18 mins
- 12-to-15 dried Kennett’s shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 2-inch piece of fresh ginger grated
- 2 large chicken breasts pounded and cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/4 cup reserved liquid from soaking mushrooms or chicken broth
- 1 green onion/spring onion sliced into rounds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
In a small bowl, soak the mushrooms in warm water for 20 minutes or until they become tender.
Remove the mushrooms from the water with a slotted spoon & squeeze to remove any excess liquid. Reserve about a 1/4 of the liquid and set aside. I like to keep the mushrooms whole, but if they are too large, you can slice them.
Heat a wok over medium-high to high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the heated wok. Add the garlic and ginger to the hot oil. Stir-fry until about 30 seconds.
Add the chicken and stir-fry about a minute.
Add the mushrooms and stir-fry another 2 or 3 minutes.
Add the oyster sauce, dark & light soy sauce, rice wine or sherry, and the reserved mushroom liquid. Bring to a boil and stir-fry until the mushrooms are coated and the sauce has thickened (another 2 or three minutes).
Stir in the green onion.
Serve immediately with fried rice or side of your choice.