Kennett’s Amazing Mushroom Chicken Lo Mein
This dish right here is definitely a fantastic decision if you are craving an exotic dish and have a little time on your hands to put some love into your food. Kennett Mushroom’s Amazing Mushroom Chicken Lo Mein is a sure fire way to impress your taste buds, friends, family and anyone walking by within smelling distance. This phenomenal dish goes perfectly with our exotic mushroom selection. If you are a vegetarian than “hold” the chicken and diversify your palette with a savory sampling of our shiitake, oyster, maitake and crimini mushrooms. If you haven’t sampled this dish yet than you are certainly in for a treat! We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Serving Size: Roughly 4 People
Preparation Time: Under 50 Minutes
Total Time: Roughly 1 Hours 35 Minute
- 1 1/2 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced to perfection
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into deliciously thin strips
- 1 (12 ounce) package uncooked linguine pasta
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces
- In a medium, non-reactive bowl, combine the chicken with 2 1/2 teaspoons of white sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar and 1/4 cup soy sauce. Mix this together and coat the chicken well. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In another medium bowl, combine the chicken broth, water, sesame oil and ground black pepper with the remaining sugar, vinegar and soy sauce. In a separate small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch with some of this mixture and slowly add to the bulk of the mixture, stirring well. Set aside.
- Cook the linguine according to package directions, drain and set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a wok or large saucepan over high heat until it starts to smoke. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned. Transfer this and all juices to a warm plate.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the wok or pan over high heat. Add the ginger, garlic, mushrooms and green onions, and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the reserved sauce mixture and then the chicken. Simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Add the reserved noodles and toss gently, coating everything well with the sauce