Kennett’s Mouthwatering PomPom Vegas Mushroom-Tomato Pasta
If you love pasta as much as we do then you will absolutely love this delicious vegan dish. Even if you are not a vegetarian you will absolutely love this exquisite exotic mushroom entree. From the mouth-watering mushroom Capital of the World to your taste buds we bring you a tasty twist to this Italian epicurean classic. Our succulent pompom mushrooms have a delightfully mild-sweet taste and some have compared it to the taste of Lobster. If you are a fan of amazing food but also want to be health conscious than this is the perfect dish for you.
Serving Size: 4 to 6 People
- 1 pound of our Kennett pompom mushrooms
- 1 pound penne
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 4 cups torn escarole (optional)
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley and oregano)
- 128-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan
- Cook the penne according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, ½ teaspoon of the salt, and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper and cook, covered, until the onions are softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook, covered, for 6 minutes more.
- Add the wine and cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the escarole (if desired), chopped herbs, and remaining salt and pepper, and cook for 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and heat through. Stir in basil.
- Transfer the pasta to plates, spoon the sauce over the top, and sprinkle with the cheese.