Kennett’s “Party Time” Bacon, Onion, and Mushroom Burgers
When it’s party time there really is only one question that you should ask.. Who brought the Kennett Mushroom’s? When it comes to the best burgers on the planet, if you didn’t bring the Kennett Mushrooms than you are leaving out a key ingredient. Fortunately we put together this “Party Time” Bacon, Onion and Mushroom Burger recipe so you never have to experience what it would be like attempting to eat a burger without our delicious mushrooms melted all over. Thank goodness for that. Enjoy.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: Under 30 minutes
Total Time: Under 60 minutes
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon strips on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon of grease in the skillet. Chop bacon into large chunks.
- Sautee onion and mushrooms over medium-high heat in the same skillet until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add wine and reduce heat to medium, stirring frequently, until wine reduces by half, about 5 minutes. Remove onion mixture from heat.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Place hamburger buns on grill until lightly toasted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Shape ground beef into 8 patties. Sprinkle salt, garlic powder, and ground black pepper over patties.
- Cook patties on the preheated grill until browned on one side, about 6 minutes. Flip patties, top each with one slice of cheese and continue grilling until no longer pink in the center, about 6 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (71 degrees C).
- Transfer burgers to toasted buns. Place some of the onion mixture on top using a slotted spoon. Add chunks of bacon.