Kennett’s Mushroom Chicken Chorizo Mac & Cheese
For the mac and cheese lover in us all, this takes macaroni and cheese to an entirely new level. Our mushroom chicken chorizo mac and cheese is simply out of this world. In less than 30 minutes total you too can enjoy one of the most delicious, easy to make meals on the planet. Our tasty mushroom chicken chorizo mac and cheese is amazing and best of all you don’t have to be a professional chef to make it. When it comes to the evolution of macaroni and cheese, our mushroom chicken chorizo mac and cheese will make a believer out of the most discerning skeptic.
Serving Size: 4 to 6 People.
Preparation Time: Less than 20 minutes
Cooking Time: Less than 30 minutes
- 13.25 ounce box of whole wheat pasta shells
- 2 links chicken chorizo sausage
- 4 cups mushrooms, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 block silken tofu
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add the sausage. Break into pieces and cook until browned. Remove from pan and set aside. Add the mushroom and onion into the pan and cook until both are soft.
- In the meantime, in a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta and drain once done cooking according to package directions. Return to the pot and melt in the butter. Toss to coat.
- Blend together the tofu, milk, salt, pepper, and mustard. Stir into the pasta and add the cheese, sausage, mushrooms and onion.
- Over low heat continue to stir for 3 minutes or until creamy.